Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Woman of Worth: What is a Woman of Worth?

There is something very special about a woman and her worth.  Worth means the value of something.  A woman's worth priceless, it is worth more than money, fortune or fame.  a woman is a rare jewel that is to be treasured because she is fearfully and wonderfully made by the hand of God.

From the beginning, women were fashioned in a way that her value was unmistakable.  She was born from the rib of a man, yet shaped in the image of the invisible God who created her.  She was molded to be strong, yet fragile.  Wise yet gentle. Humorous while at the same time serious.  She was created with the ability to be versatile while maintaining the ability to be flexible in any situation.  She was tailor made by God to do great exploits.  She was endowed with the gifts of love, joy, self-control, peace, patience, gentleness, longsuffering, kindness, goodness and faithfulness.  She reproduces through her children, music, ministry, business, education and more.  In other words, God created women to embody the fullness of the helpmate for man and the Kingdom of God.

Why is it so easy for society to devalue the worth of a woman?  Why is it so easy for a woman to be treated like a second-class citizen?  How can society attempt to reduce a woman's worth to less that the price of a hamburger?  While at the same time relying on her to have all the answers to life's little complexities?  In the workplace, she is often paid less than a man, while being required to do twice as much work.  When a woman is determined, she is labeled aggressive or controlling, while her male counterpart is motivated.  On the other hand, the man is considered forceful and she is labeled with a four or give letter word.

I found myself asking these questions at a time when God began to reveal that I had allowed people and circumstances to devalue me as a person and a woman of God.

I often refer to myself as "A woman after God's own heart."  If that is the case, then how can I be less than fearfully and wonderfully made by the same God who created man?

How is it that I can allow a godless society to define or devalue me?  How can I believe the lies and deceptions of the enemy?  How can I allow anyone or anything to lessen my worth in the sight of Almighty God?  What can society accomplish by devaluing women?

I pray that as I put pen to blog, together we will find the answers to every question that has perplexed us on this sensitive subject.

It is not my intent to man bash, people bash or even church bash.  My intent is to expose one of the most horrendous lies ever perpetrated against women.  What is the lie?  Women are of little or lesser value.

So begins our journey together, a journey to discover a woman's worth or value. I pray that at the end of this book you will find the strength within yourself to address any issues that have plagued you or hindered your purpose and destiny.  I believe that by the time you reach the end of this series, you will know without a doubt that you are a woman of worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment